The building of red brick was erected in the years 1909-1910 according to the design of the famous architect Jan Sas-Zubrzycki, professor of the Lviv Technical University and a member of the Polish Academy of Learning. The construction was carried out by an architect from Przemyśl, Stanisław Kostka Majerski. The building was made on an L-shaped plan. A tower was incorporated into the corner. Pay attention to the façade on which the busts of Kazimierz the Great, Queen Jadwiga, Władysław Jagiełło, and Tadeusz Kościuszko as well as the coat of arms of Brzozów and Galicja were made by Stanisław Majerski.
There was a nest of the Gymnastic Society “Sokół” in Brzozów. “Sokół” was a pioneering organization promoting physical education, sport, and a healthy lifestyle. It was banned after World War II by the communist authorities.
Since 1956, the historic building houses the Brzozowski Cultural Center, a cultural institution of the Brzozów Municipality.
The Cultural Center in Brzozów Armii Krajowej 3 36-200 Brzozów Phone: + 48 13 434 19 38 Email: email@example.com www.bdk.net.pl